Monday, April 12, 2010


A Good Morning To You All!

I just wanted to let you all know that the SEIU Local 1000 has followed in the legal footsteps of CCPOA and has filed a "self-directed" lawsuit against GAS.

I applaud the SEIU for taking their case one step further for the purpose of including those hard-working employees within the SEIU Local 1000 who have, up to this point, been excluded from previous lawsuits. This lawsuit names as defendants the following departments: CDCR, Mental Health, Juvenile Justice, Veterans Affairs and Developmental Services. Please read this short article for more details:

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/the_state_worker/2010/04/seiu-local-1000-files-self-dir.html

No update yet on CCPOA's case. It's still in appellate court limbo.

Thanks Everybody and I'm sure you'll be hearing more from me. There's just something in the air that makes me think things are starting to heat up - and it's not just the valley air. : )

Tamara

No comments: