Tuesday, April 27, 2010

CCC UPDATE 4/25/10

This is a state wide bull crap taking place and if finally hit us in Susanville. We are doing rolling lockdowns in with conjunction of our %3 PY reduction plan. We will be filling a grievance on every re~direct that happens. I got the first batch today infact. The state is cutting our staff more and more and somebody needs to stop this insanity. And it will get worse. The state doesn't care about our well being obviously. They didn't make any cuts on the upper Administration. This does not include the 9 PY that we will be loosing with the bed/inmate reduction plan either. There is another scheduled planed bed reduction plan for September. They are cutting us shorter and shorter. And it's going to get worse. This is a safety issue with staff and the public. Other institutions have already been doing informational picket lines at their institutons for media coverage to the public.

The state is also going full steam ahead on shipping inmates out of state. They want to release more inmates to other states down the road. The state doesn't care that they are making our economy worse, staff loosing their jobs and giving the pay to out of state folks. This next State election is going to be very important for us, it will be our lively hood at stake. As I get information from HQ's I will pass it on. So please pay attention to the Governors race and the legislators race.

We will have more information at our next board meeting. It's expected that the EC will be attending our next meeting. I encourage everybody that can, attend. Times are going to get more worse before we see any daylight.

Today myself and Bollie spoke with the Deputy Attorney General. We brought up our concerns around the institution. I handed them my package on the issues that have been going on with certain Lt.'s and Captains violating DOM. Yes, I have my name on it, so I expect there will be some kind of retaliation from them. So I didn't roll over (as a few may think), I put my head on the chopping block for all of you guys. You don't have to like me, but you can support me on what I have done. We are all in this together and we need to stand together for this fight. If we don't stand together, then we have already lost the battle. It's not about supporting me, but supporting you fellow brothers and sisters state wide. We are all going through the same problems right now.

Stay Safe and Sane
Lori Olah
CCC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you Lori. Your doing a great job. keep it up

Anonymous said...

This site is so messed up I have posted several comments but they never end up approved. Might as well not even have this site it sucks.