Monday, March 1, 2010

JUST A QUICK NOTE 3/1/10

Just a quick note to keep everyone up to date locally. I know you guys want more local issues posted and we try. Sometimes though, we fall into a glitch where we can't post due to keeping persons names out of it. Sometimes this can be hard to do. I will try and figure something out.

12~hour shifts have been a hot topic with our local Administration and Sacramento. Both sides think it is coming. CCPOA is asking for memo's for harmed parties if we do go to 12 hour shifts (childcare, ect). This will go towards their fight on it. You can place the memo's in my box and I will fax them to HQ's. I know there are good and bad with this issue. The bad I see is it will lower our staffing levels. At our institution, we are already low, so I don't think that would be a factor. The good, it may cut down on the o.t. holdovers. I do not have a crystal ball to predict if this will work or not. But what I have been hearing through the grapevine, this is looking more like a statewide issue.

We are still collecting Performance Reports that are not written properly. I did get the Suppliments pulled out of our personell files. I think there were 3 or 4 of them placed in our files. I would like to hope that the person involved in this was repremanded for this illegal tactic. But I am not holding my breath on it. Even though this clearly violated our POBAR rights.

We are still collecting LOI's & ECR's that are written. Most that I have ran into have violated CDCr's own policy. The writters are violating their own DOM. It seems staff are being written up for everything! There is no training no more. This does wonders on our moral. There is a place for training and a place for an LOI. Atleast that is suposed to be how it works.

We did receive 8 new cops from transfere's. That is good news. We need everybody we can get.

Medical still has not sat down with us to discuss the new RDO's for the medical positions. We have contacted them several times without a date.

I'm not going to comment on the Operation Disconnect (read other post). But it is being looked at down in HQ's legal.

We are still working agrressivly on the treatment of staff. We still have some supervisors that insist on treating cops like dirt. We need to know about these. Write a memo, call me and we will go from there. These are being compiled in a file for future cases going towards the Attornery General. If you get into a bind, there is a current job steward list in the Watch Office and ERO's office. Call us and ask questions. Or call me, 204-7791. We need to stand up against this behavior. We have had good success on getting these issue handled and dropped when the employee has adverse action thrown at them.

We are all in this together. We need to hear from you when things happen on the yards. If you cannot contact me immediatly, get ahold of Bollie on Lassen 2nd watch, Randy Langslet, 2nd watch Sierra, Kristy lopez, 3 rd watch Sierra, Kenny Estes, 3 rd watch LMT, J. Peralta 3 rd S &E, Kvasnak 1 st watch Sierra, Bias, 1st watch Arnold or Jeniffer Rice. All these peeps are very good at contacting me immediatly. I have been out for several month due to my hand injury, but have been keeping very busy with the union issues. Please dont hesitate to call me. We need your help to help you. Keep us informed.
Believe it or not, we are still doing good as an institution. Talking to other institutions, they are really hammering the staff bad.

Next week is our monthly meeting with the Warden. If there is anything you feel that needs to be brought up, drop me a line so we can put it on the adgenda.

I am compliling a list for job stewards again, contact me if you are interest. Power is knowledge.

As I said, this is just a quick letter to keep you up to date on issues. Stay Safe & Sane.

Lori


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we are all in this together I think you should list all the Job Stewards and Board Members......

Anonymous said...

NOT TO RAIN ON YOUR PARADE. BUT THE MAIN PAGE INFACT HAS THE CHAPTER NAMES/WORK AREA/WATCH & JOB STEWARDS NAMES/WORK/ WATCH. SORRY LORI CAN'T HELP MYSELF WHEN MODERATING SOMETIMES.

Anonymous said...

I'm talking about in this post. I'm sure she just did not for get who the are.....

Anonymous said...

I don't think that she forget who they are she does not want anyone talking to them..They know more than she does!! and as far as this site goes not all things/comments get posted, only the ones that the moderators feel they are not threatened by.

Anonymous said...

geez. now we are upset because someone forgot to put someones name down. give me a break. i think we have worse things to be worrying about then this childish stuff. the state is killing us and you guys are so worried about this. grow up.
tierguard

Anonymous said...

i don't think that we are that bad off. at least we have jobs.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Anonymous there must be some kind of conspircay going on here. She don't want us talking to them? They know more then her? Sounds like you got your feelings hurt or something to post that junk. Most of the job stewards are good and do their jobs. A couple, are worthless. They seemed to be more active in tearing up our prison then doing their jobs. It is pretty bad when a cop that doesn't work in the watch points out the problem and there are TWO job stewards on the patio. What's up with that? They don't do diddly for anybody. I gave one of them paperwork to handle. Never got done. So in my book they should be fired. I'm sure either one could have taken the watch office but decided to step back and be cowards. Never had any respect for one of them and lost respect on the other one. This being job stewads or any part of the union I thought was a team effort. Some don't play well with others and should not even be part of it. Like the two mentioned. That is one fault I will point at Lori for. She needs to clean house and move on.
nough said.
Ghostrider

Anonymous said...

THAT'S WHY I DON'T MESS WITH JOB STEWARD'S. I CALL LORI DIRECTLY. THAT WAY I KNOW IT WILL GET DONE.
COMPLAINING ABOUT NOT MENTIONING EVERBODY IS THE MOST CHILDISH THING YET. NOW WONDER THE PUBLIC LOOKS AT US LIKE WE ARE BUNCH OF RETARDS. LOOK HOW YOUR ACTING?

Anonymous said...

oh give us a break! shall we turn this into another paco? everybody will never be happy about everything. as one said, grow up a little. gee, i bet the one is planning another recall. lets spend some more money on something realy stupid. who cares. i am just glad that they have communications with our management without a contract. unlike last time when there was no talking between the two. remember how that worked out? not good. i have family that work in other pens. we don't have it that bad here considering the situation. maybe. just once. you can be thankfull instead of complaining on something this stupid. if i had a choice, i would stick to this one instead of the last one. we got to go home instead of being held on our friday's. that would have never happened 4 years ago. infact. it didnt'.

Anonymous said...

Why are you guys even having this talk? We all know who the haters are and have been. Nothing will ever make them happy. So why bite into it? When DC was president, the same group complained about the same stuff. As someone posted, we should be thankful for what we got. Ditto. At least our management is talking to our local union. Can they get everything they want? No. But they do get some things done. I have sat back and watched/listened. DC & Co. have not stopped throwing mud for the past two years. Pretty adult like if you ask me. Has the current L.O. did the same? No. Maybe you guys need to look at the whole picture before blabbing your mouths. Whether you like the two or not. Look at what each one has done and is doing right now.
This has got to be the most hardest time to be involved in this stupid union, but the local chapter is still fighting. And you guys/gals just want to throw stupid crap out there. I just shake my head. Instead of throwing it out there, go talk to her. If I see her making a bad call. Guess what. I call her and tell her. She has never told me to fuck off or anything like that (unlike someone else has done).
If you guys think that job is cake, then raise your hand and step and help. Don't be a coward and sit on the sidelines like a bunch of hens in the hen house.
This topic is retarded. Did someone say recall? Shit, the last one failed. Maybe we all don't agree, but by god, we all have to work together and support each other INCLUDING our current president. And right now she is our current president and I support her. I haven't seen anything wrong that dictates anything different.
And yes, we all have jobs. We are not laid off like many others. Stop your crying.
Fed up

Anonymous said...

CAN ONE OF YOU UNION PEOPLE ANSWER A QUESTION FOR ME? CAN YOU APPOINT A VICE PRESIDENT AT THE EXECUTIVE SESSION OF A CHAPTER MEETING. IS'NT THAT A VIOLATION OF YOUR SOP's? IF SO SHOULD'NT THE PRESIDENT HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES JUST LIKE MANGMENT?????

Anonymous said...

I KNOW THE STORY BEHIND THE VP APPT. THE VP WAS APPT & CONFIRMED BY THE BOARD IN EX. SESSION. LORI SHOULD HAVE ANNOUNCED IT DURING THE REGULAR MEETING BUT FORGOT. THIS IS NOT A BIG DEAL. AS LONG AS SHE ANNOUNCES THE VP ON HER NEXT MEETING. THESE THINGS HAPPEN. I BELIEVE SHE HASN'T EVEN ANNOUNCED THE VP YET BECAUSE OF THIS MISTAKE. SO MY QUESTION WOULD BE. WHO SPOKE OUT OF THE EXECUTIVE SESSION? THIS IS A CHAPTER 13 OFFENSE IN THE SOP'S. WHATEVER IS SPOKEN IN EXECUTIVE SESSION IS SUPPOSED TO BE KEPT THERE. UNLESS THE PRESIDENT ELECTS TO SPEAK ABOUT IT DURING REGULAR SESSION. THIS IS WHAT GETS PEOPLE IN TROUBLE. ASK SOME OF THE BOD WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM WHEN THEY DID THIS EXACT SAME THING. THEY ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION AND CHAPTER 13 SUSPENSION.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of the SOP's who has a copy; the generalmembership might like to see them, a lot gets done wrong beacause people are uneducated and ignorant!